Dr. Wallach starts the show sharing the story of when he got fired from the Yerkes Primate Institute. Contending he was fired for discovering that cystic fibrosis is caused by a selenium deficiency. Asserting that the medical industry is not about health but rather about money.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss two news articles concerning studies on colon cancer. The first concerning a study that found a connection a link between obesity surgery and colon cancer. A study of 77,000 obese patients found that those who had undergone obesity surgery had double the risk of colon cancer than that of the general population. Second they discuss a news article concerning a study that found astronauts are exposed to high-energy radiation that could pose a possible long term health risk for colon cancer.
- Doug has a friend who has arthritis.
- Linda's 21 month old daughter has been diagnosed with glaucoma.
- Umberto has follow-up questions regarding his son who has been diagnosed with MD (muscular dystrophy).
- Jennifer has questions regarding type 2 diabetes.
- Karen's brother has a low platlet count.
- Kevin has been diagnosed with low liver function.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.